One Year CrossFit Anniversary & Athlete Spotlight - Stacey (with an e) Phillips


Happy one year CrossFit anniversary Stacey and Dave!!!

Name: Stacey Phillips

Nickname: Pain in the ass

How did you hear about Antioch CrossFit? My friend Davida; who belongs to Diablo CrossFit, invited me to attend one of her classes... I was hooked from then, and began to research where they had CrossFit in my area! I got lucky when I realized my son could do Kajukenbo (Karate) while I worked out! It was a win-win situation for me and my family!

How long have you been CrossFitting? One year

What do you like about Antioch CrossFit? The people! Everyone is always so encouraging! The workouts are usually short, but exhausting... The intensity is high and when you’re done you feel a great sense of accomplishment.

What is your favorite WOD/lift/movement? This is difficult, there are so many different workouts I enjoy! I have learned so much! Before CrossFit "lifting" wasn't even a part of my vocabulary!

What is your least favorite WOD/lift/movement?
This is easy... I hate double unders and box jumping!!!!

What are your short term and long term goals? My short term goal is to run a full marathon this year... And long term goal is to master all the difficult exercises that I dislike. (like double unders)

How has CrossFit changed your life? I had the worst personal year in 2010... And if I had not had my CrossFit workouts, and CrossFit family, I might have stayed in bed the entire year feeling sorry for myself. My husband CrossFit also, so when I was down and didn't want to go, my family would encourage me to go with them. And I have made some very close personal friends that share the same interests as my family and I.

What motivates you? Honestly, competition... I am very competitive, and enjoy getting a work out and being able to compete at the same time!

How would you describe the culture of Antioch CrossFit? Like family... Encouraging, helpful, knowledgeable, fun!

Words of advice for new members: Don't EVER get discouraged, you WILL get there if you keep at it! It took me a year to do kip pull ups, and I am STILL working on the dreaded "double unders"! You WILL be sore... Welcome and expect it, this lets you know you are working hard and building the muscles that help you lose fat and feel great about yourself! Don't ever to be afraid to ask the trainers for help with specific exercise and stretches, that is what they are there for! They enjoy helping you get to your best!

1 comment:

  1. Stacey!! Congrats, love seeing how far you've come from being there when u started and compeating together everyday to reading stuff like this.. keep it up
    Eric B.

    ReplyDelete